Tuesday 13 March 2012

Peterson vows to beat Khan again


Lamont Peterson has accused Amir Khan of ‘arrogance’ for suggesting he is unable to fight better than he did in their controversial first bout.

Khan has said he will “win convincingly” in the Las Vegas rematch and that Peterson would not surpass his efforts of their fight in December, BBC reports.

“How can you just assume that I can’t fight better than what I fought him in Washington DC and he can?” he said.

The world title rematch takes place at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, on May 19.
Khan lost his IBF and WBA light-welterweight belts in December in Washington DC in a split points decision last year.

Peterson told BBC Sport that the Bolton boxer was demonstrating “arrogance” ahead of a London news conference to promote the rematch.

“I won’t say the same about him,” said Peterson. “I expect him to fight a better fight but, at the same time, I know I’m going to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment